Information about NHIS
The role of the National Health Information System (NHIS) is defined in
Act no. 372/2011Sb, On health services and conditions of their provision (Act on health services) in Section 70, paragraph 1 (the Act is valid since April. 2012).
NHIS is a unified all-state information system designated:
- for processing data on the health status of the population, on activities of health care providers and on their economy, on health care workers and other professional personnel in health services, for the purpose of obtaining information about the extent and quality of provided health services, for their management and for creation of health policy,
- for maintaining National Health Registers and processing data kept in the registers,
- maintaining the National Register of health care providers and the National Register of health care workers and processing data kept in the registers,
- for performing and processing sample surveys on health status of the population, on health determinants, on the need and consumption of health services and satisfaction with the services and on expenditure on health services,
- for the needs of science and research in the field of health, and
- for processing the data listed under letters a) and d) for statistical purposes and for providing data and statistical information, including information provided to international institutions, in the extents determined by this or other legal regulations.
Administration of NHIS is delegated by MH to the Institute of Health Information and Statistics of the Czech Republic (IHIS CR) in accordance with the basic purpose and objective of its activity that follows from the Statute of IHIS CR. The extent of the mandate is defined in Section 72, paragraph 1, letters a) to d) and f) of Act no. 372/2011Sb, on health services.
IHIS CR is a component of the State Statistical Service (on the basis of the competence act) and performs this activity according to Act no. 89/1995 Sb., On state statistical service, in wording of later regulations.
In handling personal data in NHIS the Institute proceeds in accordance with Act no. 101/2000 Sb., On personal data protection, in wording of later regulations.